Monday, March 2, 2009

Okay, now I have a timeframe.

I contacted the company that I'm getting my new computer from, they said it should arrive sometime this week, meaning, likely Thursday or Friday.
I'm a little miffed it's taking that long, but I won't complain, it's a computer that won't freeze during instances and raids leaving my group hanging out to dry.
That means I can actually heal for instances with Mirubea (druid) and DPS without focusing mainly on weather or not they are fully aware that I may leave any second due to computer trouble.

Crank Dat Druid Boy! (er...girl?)
Mirubea is feral specced right now, however, after some confusion on my part with Druid healing and specs, I headed over to the Druid Forums and asked a very important question.
Can Druids in lower level instances heal effectively without being specced for it?
Happily, many druids answered by saying, Yes. Druids can heal effectively in low levels (up to Northrend according to one poster!) without being specced for it, as long as they have the gear to do it.
That means I need to get some Healing gear together for dear old Mirubea! Oooh! This is going to be fun! I also need to find out what the best craftable (leatherworking) feral gear is, in case I want to DPS for instances and of course, quest solo.

Healing Wish List:
Guardian Pants
Guardian Belt
Guardian Armor or Green Whelp Armor (I'm really torn here!)
Guardian Cloak or Frost Leather Cloak or Battle Healer's Cloak(Hmm...Spell Power VS Intel + Spirit? OR PvP?)
Guardian Leather Bracers
Gloves of the Greatfather (If possible to get the Elemental Earth cheaply)


Feral Wish List:
Dusky Leather Leggings
Dusky Leather Armor or Thick Murloc Armor (For better survivability)
Dusky Bracers
Dusky Belt
Tiger Hunter Gloves (Eeew, quest reward!)


Some Nice Enchantments to get from Dyrim and those "Free with your Mats" people:
Enchant Boots - Agility (Feral)
Enchant Bracer - Greater Strength (Feral)
Enchant Chest - Superior Mana (Resto)
Enchant Cloak - Subtlety (Resto and Feral)
Enchant Bracer - Healing Power (Resto)

Please note, this list is based on the ease of getting these items, I'm not really looking into instance drops for my feral set AT ALL. Seeing as I'll be healing in instances so it's only proper that I roll for healing gear and NOT on feral gear if there's a rogue/hunter/shammy in the group that needs it more. (-hunter/shammy after level 40)
The healing gear is currently based on what I can get around level 30 by crafting it, so the Guardian set (for the most part) is my best bet for leather. And of course I want leather! More survivability ftw.
Once I hit 200 Leatherworking (What, I did already?) I'll specialize with Tribal Leatherworking seeing as it has lots of nice +Spell Power, +Intellect +Spirit gear, all leather. (Blues too!)

Sooooo. This is actually more for ME, so I can see what I need to buy/look for on the AH and what mats to get.
Just to clarify, total mats to craft each 'set' (More for my use. :P)


Healing Set Mats:
Heavy Leather x 48
Bolt of Silk Cloth x 2
Cured Heavy Hide x 6
Iron Belt Buckle x 1
Shadow Oil x 1
Elemental Earth x 6
Elemental Water x 2

Feral Set Mats:
Heavy Leather x 46
Bolt of Silk Cloth x 2
Iron Belt Buckle x 1
Shadow Oil x 1


(These lists don't include things like thread because they can be vendor bought :P)
Yay! Shopping list made! Now I need to look for some good weapons...hmmm.
Advisor's Gnarled Staff ---> for healing
Loksey's Training Stick ----> Feral (With Enchant 2H Weapon - Agility)

This isn't considered twinking, is it? Naw, I'm not going for the best possible stats EVER. Just things that are easy to get (especially since I need two sets!)
Healing Gear is getting a bit more attention since it has no backup from talents. :)

Thanks for reading my nonsense, I should really focus on Artemes more...but...I don't need to gear her! She's almost level 80! (Then I'll need to gear her. xD)

No comments:

Post a Comment